We are happy to announce that the Missouri Wing Phase 1 Remobilization plan has beeen approved by CAP NHQ and we will begin Phase 1 on June 19, 2020.
You can find the plan and all of details here: https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/MOWG_COVID19_Phase1Plan__Approved_1_AD5D84E8CAF5F.pdf
There will be a lot of guidelines within the plan, your commanders will have specific details for your squadron. Some highlights of Phase 1 include:
- Groups meeting will be a maximum of 10 members.
- Social distancing will be enforced.
- Face coverings will be required.
- Health status checks to include temperature will be done prior to meeting.
- Risk assessments will be completed prior to meetings.
- Cleaning/Disinfecting will be required for meeting areas and aircraft.
- ONLY low-risk category members may return during this time. (High risk includes – Per the CDC, High-risk members would include those: aged 65 years or older; living in a nursing home or long-term facility; and those of all ages with underlying medical conditions, particularly if not well controlled, including – chronic lung disease, moderate to severe asthma, serious heart conditions, immunocompromised (including cancer treatment, smoking, bone marrow or organ transplantation, immune deficiencies, poorly controlled HIV or AIDS, and prolonged use of corticosteroids and other immune weakening medications), severe obesity, diabetes, chronic kidney disease undergoing dialysis, or liver disease.
Potentially Phase 1 will last for two weeks, dependent on plan approval and current conditions, we will continue to keep you updated.
If you have any questions, please contact your commander, additionally there is a lot of information in the linked plan that we encourage you to read thoroughly.
This is a positive step forward for Missouri Wing! In order to continue with our progress it is essential that you abide by the guidelines put forth in the plan. These guidelines are done in the best interest of all members.
Looking forward to meeting with you soon!
For the latest national information concerning Civil Air Patrol and COVID-19 (Coronavirus), please visit the National Headquarters COVID-19 Information Center.