Unit commanders and finance officers – This post applies to all units even if they have no funds in wing banker, so please read carefully since it includes specific guidance on ORMS real property procedures.
It’s time to prepare for the end of Fiscal Year (FY) 18 and the beginning of FY19. Remember CAP’s FY runs from 01 Oct to 30 Sep, so FY19 begins on 01 Oct 2018. Below is a list of deadlines with deliverables due to wing as indicated based on guidance received from HQ CAP/FM:
- 20 Sep 2018 – Unit budgets due to wing by units with funds in the wing banker unit funds account. Use the FY2019 MOWG budget spread sheet 19.1 below. Follow the directions on the spread sheet to achieve a zero-based budget. You’ll also receive a Profit & Loss Budget to Actual report in an email to help complete your budget. This report will show you what you budgeted in FY 18 and how you are performing against that budget. Use this as a starting point for your FY19 budget and then update it with any known or planned events. Please do not miss this deadline as wing must have all unit budgets loaded by deadlines established in CAPR 173-1.
- 28 Sep 2018 – Ensure there are no deposits in transit. Deposit all funds on hand on September 28 before the bank’s close of business time (sometimes noon, or 2:00 pm—check with your bank) to ensure this does not happen. There should be no outstanding deposits on the bank reconciliation for September or October.
- 01 Oct 2018 – Annual Inventory begins. The online digital F174 will be completed by doing an “Inventory” of Real Property in ORMS. The Inventory process will be the same as the Inventory process for all other CAP Assets at yearend between 1 October and 31 December. Wings & ALL units must verify real property in the Real Property Module. All CAP entities must report whether their facility is donated or not. All verifications must be completed by December 31.
- 01 Oct 2018 – CAPF 172 Consolidated Finance Authorization due to wing and must be dated No Earlier Than (NET) 01 Oct 2018 — Every CAP entity must renew their CAPF 172 by October 1. The current F172 is a new form as of June 2018, so please use a current CAPF 172 from the NHQ Forms website or the one below. Every CAP unit with unit funds in wing banker must renew this even if recently updated. CAPR 173-1 requires annual updates on 01 Oct. The unit finance committee must sign and submit to wing. Units without funds may request a waiver using the template on the MOWG Website’s Finance Unit Level (Wing Banker) page.
- 01 Oct 2018 – Submit a list of any non-cash donations to wing such as equipment, supplies, trailers, fuel, etc.
- 30 Nov 2018 – CAPF 171 (Unit Financial Disclosure) are due. All units are required to respond. This form is no longer a paper form. It is now an electronic form that must be completed by ALL unit commanders in eServices. Navigate to the Commander’s Corner application and then select the Form 171 Submission Module. CAP eServices will record the date and person completing the certification. If not completed in time, then units will be locked out of the completion module for FY18.
- 31 Dec 2018 – All Real Property verifications (Online F174) must be completed in the ORMS Real Property Module.
An FY18 Yearend Unit Reporting Status PDF document will be available on the MOWG website’s Unit Level (Wing Banker) page. If you feel you can’t meet these deadlines, then please coordinate through your chain of command to Wing FM about any concerns.
Also available on the Unit Level page is information about the CAP Finance Guide. The CAP Finance Guide is a useful tool for those involved in the finance arena.
If you have any questions, please contact myself or Maj Dave Futch, Wing Director of Finance.